To begin with, line chocolate bar moulds with tempered vegan chocolate (you don’t need to use a mould, but it makes assembling the Twix way easier later) (you also don’t need to temper the chocolate, it just looks fancier lol. Just melt it normally if you don’t wanna temper it)
STAGE ONE: SHORTBREAD
125g of vegan butter
55g caster sugar
180g of plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (fan oven)/375F/Gas Mark 5
2. Beat 125g of vegan butter together with 55g of caster sugar until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
3. Stir in 180g of plain flour until you get a smooth paste. You’ll probably have to use your hands and work the mixture to get a good dough.
4. Once it’s done, turn it onto a flat work surface and roll it out. You can then cut the dough into Twix shaped strips.
5. Once youve done this, place your dough into the fridge for around 20 mins. This will help it to keep its shape whilst its cooking.
6. After the time has passed, pop the biscuits into the oven for around 15-20 minutes, or until they are a pale golden brown color. Set aside to cool.
STAGE TWO: CARAMEL
110g of vegan butter
203g of light brown sugar
152g of maple syrup or agave nectar
4 1/2 tablespoons of coconut or soy milk
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A candy thermometer
1. In a medium pan, add the vegan butter and melt it over a medium to high heat. Once melted, add the light brown sugar and whisk until it’s all melted through.
2. Whisk in the agave/maple syrup and plant milk. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue to stir the mixture, until the candy thermometer reaches around 235F. This should take around 10-15 minutes. Once you’ve reached this temp, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla until it’s mixed in.
3. Pop the caramel into the fridge to cool.
STAGE THREE: ASSEMBLE THE TWIX
Spoon the cooled caramel into the prepared chocolate moulds, then pop into the fridge to set. Next, take your shortbread biscuits and pop them on top of the caramel. You can then pour more melted chocolate on top to seal the bars. Pop back into the fridge for around two hours or until set completely. ENJOY 🤠
If You Like This Recipe! Please Share this Link With People On Face,Pinterest And Other!