Double Chocolate Donuts
Double Chocolate Donuts are made with almond flour and dipped in a dreamy sugar-free chocolate glaze. So delicious and healthy, these low-carb and keto-friendly donuts are just a perfect treat for all chocolate lovers.
- 1 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 3 tbsp unsweetened melted chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup powdered sweetener
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
For the Glaze
- 2.1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 8 drops of stevia
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. In a bowl or a food processor, blend the melted butter, heavy cream and sweetener. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined.
- Last, add the melted unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder and pinch of sea salt.
- Blend until you have a smooth batter. Spoon batter into a well-greased donuts pan. Make sure you do not overfill and lose that all-important hole.
- Bake until set and a toothpick inserted in donuts comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Place the pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a water-bath and add stevia to achieve the desired sweetness. Wait until it has cooled down a little.
- Dip each donut into the chocolate glaze, double-dip if you want a thicker glaze. Place in the fridge until the chocolate coating has set.
These keto double chocolate donuts are a great snack with only 2 g net carbs per donut.
YIELD: 16 donuts
SERVING SIZE: 1 donut Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 122
TOTAL FAT: 11.5g SATURATED FAT: 4.9g
CARBOHYDRATES: 4g NET CARBOHYDRATES: 2g
FIBER: 2gPROTEIN: 4.2g