A Keto Friendly Tiramisu Cake recipe. It’s a low carb version of the Italian classic. The recipe makes two 9X5 pans of Tiramisu.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 ½ cups of Swerve sugar substitute or other sugar substitute of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 8 eggs
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of sugar substitute I use Swerve
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 9 ounces of mascarpone cheese or a combination of 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of espresso coffee or strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons of dark rum or 1 teaspoon of rum extract
Cocoa topping & bottom layer
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to sprinkle on the bottom and top layers of each tiramisu
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large stand-up mixer bowl beat on high the butter with the sugar substitute until light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Next add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Lastly, add all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spread the batter to a large jelly roll pan that has been lined in parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool fully and then slice into 1X3 inch slices to mimic the ladyfingers.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the egg yolks, sugar substitute, until thick and turns lemon colored.
- Place the small bowl with the egg mixture in a double boiler over water that is gently boiling.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook the egg mixture for 9-10 minutes making sure to mix constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the mascarpone cheese or the cream cheese sour cream mixture to the egg mixture
- In a medium size bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the whipped cream.
- Set aside.
- *This makes two 9×5 inch loaf pans of tiramisu
- Divide the sliced cake in half in order to make the two tiramisu. This is about 15 pieces per loaf
- Combine the espresso and rum and set aside
- Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter to bottom of both 9 X5 inch loaf pans
- Place a layer of the cake into each loaf pan.
- Coat the first layer of cake with the coffee and rum mixture using a pastry brush.
- Spread 1/4 of the custard over the layer of cake
- Repeat the layers of cake and custard ending with the custard.
- Top with a generous coating of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 16 SERVING SIZE: 1 Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 435 TOTAL FAT: 43g SATURATED FAT: 23g CHOLESTEROL:329mg SODIUM: 6.5mg CARBOHYDRATES: 6.5g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 4g PROTEIN: 14.5g
If You Like This Recipe! Please Share this Link With People On Face,Pinterest And Other!