Low carb bounty bars are raw healthy homemade candy bars 100%Keto + Sugar free + paleo made of 4 ingredients. Course: DessertCuisine: low carbServings: 20 bounty barsCalories: 100 kcalAuthor: SweetAsHoneyNZIngredients
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut cream canned or packaged
- 1/3 cup sugar free crystal sweetener – erythritol
- 1/3 cup extra virgin oil
- 6 oz sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1-2 stevia drops – optional, adjust regarding taste
- Cover a square pan of 26 cm * 26 cm (10 inches) with plastic wrap.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the chocolate coating.
- Process until it comes together and form a raw cookie dough.
- Press the dough onto the prepared pan, making sure there is no air left between the batter. I like to press the batter with my hands first and then flatten, smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Freeze 10 minutes to firm up. Don’t freeze them too long or they get super hard and it is difficult to cut them into bars, they break in pieces easily, which is still delicious but less pretty as it is more difficult to shape bars.
- Remove from the freezer, lift up the plastic wrap to release the coconut bar from the pan easily.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 20 small bounty bars. You can slightly warm the knife blade under warm water to make this easier.
- Meanwhile, melt the sugar free chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave. Microwave by 30 seconds burst until fully melted. Add stevia drops to adjust sweetness to your taste.
- Using two forks, dip each coconut bars into the melted chocolate mixture. Return each to a rack. When all the bars has been covered into the chocolate, freeze again 10 minutes to set the chocolate shell.
- Store the bounty bars in an airtight container into the fridge for up to 4 weeks or freeze. Defrost 2 hours before eating.
Nutrition panel is for one bounty bar. This recipe makes 20 bars.