Loaded mini bell pepper nachos – game changer!! These low-carb nachos are loaded with turkey taco meat, cheese and all your favorite nacho toppings!
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 7 nachos
- olive oil spray
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 21 mini rainbow peppers, halved and seeded (about 13 oz seeded)
- 1 cup sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp light sour cream, thinned with 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin (optional)
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment or aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil.
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro and saute about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and chicken broth, mix well and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
- Fill each with cooked ground turkey mixture, then top with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices, if using.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 7 nachos
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 187 calories
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 418mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 18g